Uber introduces new security options to equip riders and drivers for the ‘new regular’
Uber India introduced at its COVID-19 particular security options and insurance policies that can change the best way you trip the following time you utilize the app.
The bulletins embrace an interactive Go On-line Guidelines for each riders and drivers, a compulsory masks coverage for riders and drivers, pre-trip masks verification selfies for drivers, and up to date post-trip suggestions mechanism and a cancellation coverage. All these new options are geared toward constructing a brand new product expertise, which can assist shield everybody, each time they use Uber.
Riders and drivers will see various new additions within the app, comparable to:
- Go On-line Checklists: Earlier than a driver can go browsing, they are going to be requested to verify, by way of a brand new Go On-line Guidelines, that they’ve taken sure security measures and are carrying a face masks. An identical guidelines has been constructed for riders. Earlier than each journey, they need to verify that they’ve taken precautions comparable to carrying a face masks and washing or sanitizing their arms.
- Masks Verification: Earlier than drivers are capable of begin accepting journeys, they are going to be requested to take a selfie with a masks on. Uber’s new know-how will confirm the motive force is carrying a masks.
- Accountability for all: Uber is including new choices for suggestions together with if a rider or driver is just not carrying a masks or face cowl.
- Up to date cancellation coverage: Drivers and riders can cancel journeys in the event that they don’t really feel protected, together with if a consumer is just not carrying a masks or face cowl.
- New seat limits: To permit for house between the motive force and rider throughout an Uber trip, Uber is advising riders to not sit within the entrance seat. Solely two riders can be allowed in a automobile and so they’ll have to sit down within the rear seat.
- Rideshare Well being Security Schooling: Working with world and native public well being authorities, Uber has compiled security ideas and suggestions that can be despatched to all riders and drivers.
Saying the brand new options, Sachin Kansal, World Senior Director of Product Administration at Uber, mentioned, “During the last two months, our world tech and security product groups have been laborious at work constructing a brand new, product expertise for riders and drivers. At present, as India eases its lockdown, it’s vital we take all crucial precautions to assist hold ourselves protected and to make the following journey safer for all. These new options and insurance policies have been rolled out globally, and we are going to hold enhancing and revising them as wanted to make sure a safer product expertise for all.”